Health Care for the Homeless Day
The theme for National Health Center Week 2016 (NHCW) is “Celebrating America’s Health Centers: Innovators in Community Health.” Health Centers, as local and community owned and operated businesses serve over 24 million Americans at more than 9,000 delivery sites in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and U.S. territories.
Did you know the one in every fifteen people living in the United States depends on their services? These health centers deliver high quality, cost effective, accessible care while serving as critical economic engines helping to power local economies.
Additionally, their long history as health care homes to millions, Health Centers are also proud to celebrate over 50 years of service and continue to be ranked among the highest quality and cost regardless of their ability to pay or insurance status.
Health Care Week:
- Sunday 8/7: Health Center Workforce
- Monday 8/8: Health Screenings **Is your Health Center partnering with the American Cancer Society on Health Screening Programming in the community? Reach out to your ACS contacts to coordinate opportunities to showcase your great work and positive health outcomes in the community.
- Tuesday 8/9: Public Housing Health Center Day
- Wednesday 8/10: Healthcare for the Homeless Day
- Thursday 8/11: Farmworker Health Day
- Friday 8/12: Protecting Public Health