Early success began for Ortho Preferred on the East Coast. Recently, however, Ortho-Preferred has developed inroads on the West Coast with orthopedists in California and Oregon seeing the benefits of this exclusive program to meet the medical malpractice needs of orthopedic surgeons. Ortho Preferred member benefits include: Highly competitive premiums, Free Risk Management with 6 CE credits, and CME and SAE program to satisfy MOC requirements (20 credits) as well as membership in the Western Orthopedic Association.
Presidio Insurance Solutions is your West coast access point to obtain a quote or additional information about the Ortho-Preferred program. Contact us at (800)317-6411.
Consumers demand for alternative or holistic medical treatments has sky-rocketed. In order to meet this demand, a growing number of practitioners have embraced alternative or complementary approaches to healthcare.
Continue Reading »
AM Best the insurance rating service has rated Norcal Mutual Insurance company “A” (excellent-stable). This is the 28th consecutive year Norcal has maintained this excellent rating. Physician policyholders can rest assured Norcal continues to reflect the stability and strong operating performance we have all come to expect.
We would be happy to review your current insurance coverage and make suggestions about how to better protect your practice with medical malpractice, dental malpractice and med-spa insurance.
Ortho-Preferred® is the only nationwide professional liability (medical malpractice) insurance program that is designed exclusively to meet the needs of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
ORTHO-PREFRRED® Program Highlights:
• Extremely competitive premiums with coverage capabilities in all 50 states
• Professional Liability Insurance Program custom designed solely for Orthopedic Surgeons
• Courtesy access to specialized risk management courses and orthopaedic education training opportunities, including Maintenance of Certification (MOC) requirements
• Includes complimentary membership in Western Orthopaedic Association
• Oversight on claim trends, risk prevention and medical education from top national orthopaedic leaders as part of the RPG’s Orthopaedic Advisory Board
• Physician policyholder retains absolute right to refuse case settlement
• Claims-made and Occurrence (built-in tail) policies available
• 1 year vesting for retirement tail (policy terms and conditions apply)
• A++ (superior) AM Best Rating and AA+ S&P rating
• Founded in 1899, operating in California since 1924
• 92% average trial win ratio; 80% claims closed without payment
Contact: Gisela Smith (805)499-7300
A recent inquiry from an existing physician client highlighted the issue of obtaining medical malpractice coverage BEFORE introducing new procedures to your practice. In this case, a physician client contacted our office to advise us of a new procedure he would be performing as a part of his existing pain management practice. The client had completed appropriate training from VERTOS Medical (the medical device company that developed the MILD procedure, to perform the Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression (MILD) to treat patients diagnosed with lumbar spinal stenosis (LSS). As a matter of process, Presidio submitted a request to extend coverage for this procedure to the carrier insuring our client’s practice.
Continue Reading »